Having entered the final week of the GSOC calendar, it is time to wrap things up and reflect on what I’ve accomplished this summer.
My project involved implementing a way of simulating the Ken-Burns effect in Pitivi. More precisely, the goal was to add an interface which allows keyframing the transformation properties (x, y, width and height), much like we do with other properties in Pitivi (like audio track volume, for example). I managed to complete this project about a month ago, when I also made a video which describes the feature in more detail:
Since then, I’ve been helping with the next release of Pitivi, while also solving some small issues with the Ken-Burns feature that Alex Balut noticed while trying it out. For more details, you can check out my previous blogs, where I’ve described what I’ve been up to. What’s not covered there though is the progress of the last two weeks. So, let’s talk about that. For the most part, I’ve been working on this task, whose purpose is to save the encoders advanced properties in the .xges file, so the user doesn’t have to enter them each time they load the project. Although it’s not completed yet, it should be pretty soon.
With that said, I’d like to thank my mentor, Thibault Saunier (a.k.a thiblahute) and also Alex Balut (a.k.a aleb), for all the support they gave for the last months. Their code reviews and the IRC discussions helped me understand things better and move forward whenever I was stuck. It’s been a truly great summer of code, one in which I learnt a lot of new things and got to be part of an amazing community.